Saturday, August 21, 2010

Strawberry French Toast

In my last post I said that I had just eaten some strawberry French toast. I've been asked by a few people for the recipe sooo here it is!

Ingredients:
Bread
1 generous Tablespoon of strawberry yogurt per slice

Steps:
Apply a light coating of yogurt to each side of the bread
Cook in a skillet/pan until warm and desired consistency is reached

What this is, is French toast made with yogurt instead of egg, milk and vanilla. Strawberry yogurt, specifically. I first used vanilla yogurt, so it would taste as much like regular French toast as possible but I've since expanded to other types of yogurt. I've tried peach and strawberry, both with great success. If you try this, I recommend a very light coating of yogurt because the toast gets soggy very easily. When you use egg, the egg cooks and the French toast doesn't get super soggy. But when you use yogurt nothing really cooks and thus the bread just gets soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment