Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Wendy's Natural Cut Fries

I don't know about you all, but I love Wendy's. One of my favorite things about them (beside their spicy chicken sandwiches and nuggets) is their fries. Well, that's no longer the case. They've unveiled their new, natural cut fries. These ones are cut and fried with the skin on them and are flavored with sea salt. Despite my love for their old fries these sounded delicious and I couldn't wait to try them. I'd even received a coupon in my e-mail (yes, I like Wendy's so much that I'm on their mailing list) for a free 'value sized' fries. Boy, was I disappointed.

For starters, my fries didn't even have any skin on them. Disappointment. I'd heard (haven't done my research, so I don't know for a fact) that the new fries have more salt on them but mine certainly didn't taste like it. You know when you go to McDonald's and you get those hard, somewhat over cooked fries in your fry container? Well, Wendy's new fries were like that. But all of them were like that. Gone were the moist, squishy fries that I had loved.

Comments on their Facebook post about their new fries features mostly negative comments about the new fries. Hopefully they'll change them back soon. R.I.P. Wendy's delicious fries.

4 comments:

  1. Strange, I thought they tasted almost exactly the same as the old ones. Maybe you got a bad batch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so. I'm willing to give it another shot, though. Honestly, it's not gonna stop me from eating there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird, I think you got some stale fries. I've enjoyed the heck outta the natural cut fries. Mine generally have some skin and sea salt distributed evenly throughout the package. Give them another shot and demand FRESH ones! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a Wendy's coupon. I'll make a trip this week (to a different Wendy's) and see if I have better luck. Keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete