Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Deerfield Trading Co. Gourmet Soda

Per the suggestion of a friend of mine, I recently tried Deerfield Trading Co. Gourmet Soda.

This "gourmet soda" (whatever that means) is a Walgreens exclusive. Walgreens is headquartered in Deerfield, IL (thank you Wikipedia) so I guess it makes sense that they carry a brand from their hometown. My friend found at the Walgreens in Culpepper, VA and I found it in Columbia, SC so I think it's safe to say that it's everywhere - in the central Atlantic region, anyways.

Here's our Facebook conversation about it:

Photobucket

As you can tell, he really likes it. And I have to say - I pretty much agree with everything he said. I bought the vanilla cream (not sure if he got the same one, his might have been regular cream soda), strawberry cream, and black cherry. There was also grape & root beer but I don't really like either of those two flavors so I passed on them. All of the sodas are made with cane sugar, and are decaffeinated - for those of you who are into knowing that kind of stuff.

The vanilla cream - awesome. It tasted exactly how I wanted a cream soda to taste. I don't know if that's because it was vanilla cream instead of just cream, but whatever the reason it was fantastic. Way better than any other cream soda I've ever had. I'm not usually partial to cream soda, but I highly recommend this.

I was expecting the strawberry cream to be super sweet, but it wasn't! It was perfect. I can't really describe it. Sort of like cherry soda, but not. I wouldn't say that it tasted like strawberries... more like strawberry flavor, if you know what I mean. Either way, it was still good.

The black cherry was kind of eh to me. I usually like cherry soda, but this one didn't impress me much. I don't know if that's because I was so blown away by the other two or because it really was sub-par. Either way, I would definitely pick up s Deerfield Trading Co. cream soda of some kind the next time you're in/near a Walgreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment