Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jackfruit Jelly Pearl Smoothie

Some call this “bubble tea,” and you can get it shaken or blended. The restaurant I went to, Pho Viet, blended it and called it a jelly pearl smoothie. Either way, I love these. The little jelly ‘pearls’ (the round balls at the bottom) don’t have much of a flavor but add texture to the drink. Brian hates them, mainly because of their texture. He did, however, like the drink itself which was jackfruit flavored. I have no idea what a jackfruit is, so I Goggled a picture of one. For those who don’t know, a jackfruit is an Asian fruit. I don’t know what fresh ones taste like but this drink sort of tasted like dragonfruit and banana, and was sort of a light yellow color. It was okay, but not my favorite bubble tea flavor ever. My friend Cory is absolutely in love with it. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I give it 3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment