Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds, Dark Chocolate Flavor

Maybe it’s just me, but there seems to be a growing trend in sweet & salty stuff. Take Starbucks' Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate for example. I’m not really a big fan of this drink. It's okay but I don’t really have the desire to drink it again. The idea just seems a little weird to me. But, once I think about it a little more, I guess salty & sweet isn't that weird. We eat nuts in sweets all the time. This particular snack has sweets in, er, on nuts. I thought that the dark chocolate was going to be dusted on the nuts. Not the case. The nuts are encrusted in dark chocolate. Imagine a fine grit sandpaper made from dark chocolate. But tasty sandpaper. I liked these nuts a lot. I’m a big dark chocolate fan, but I think that even if I wasn’t I still would have liked this. Since there’s not a lot of chocolate on the nut it’s not an overwhelming taste. It just enhances the nuttiness. In fact, I think that the dark chocolate compliments the nut more than milk chocolate would have. I suggested to family members that they try these nuts so I give them 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment