Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pomegranate 7UP Antioxidant

Generally, I prefer Sprite over 7Up. But when I saw Pomegranate 7UP antioxidant at Bi-Lo I decided that I had to give it a try. I found some pics online of pomegranate 7UP cans but they only had it in 2L form at Bi-Lo so I grabbed a bottle. It has antioxidants, which is pretty cool. Again with the healthy soda, I suppose. I’ve had pomegranate before, but didn’t know what to expect from this. I guess I thought it would sort of taste like cherry soda. Really, I expected it to taste like pomegranate soda, but heck if I knew what that would taste like. Let’s be honest, most of the time when you have something that’s flavored like fruit it doesn’t actually taste like that fruit. I love grapes but hate anything grape flavored. It’s just not the same. This soda didn’t disappoint. When you first drink it, it doesn’t really taste like pomegranate. It just tastes like a fruity 7UP. But the first little aftertaste hint that you get tastes EXACTLY like pomegranates! It's not really "crisp and clean" like you'd expect from Sprite or 7UP. It does taste more like a fruit soda. Still, it's really great. I like this soda a lot. Brian and his roommate tried it and they both liked it as well. I don’t know if I’ll buy it again, but I’m certainly going to enjoy finishing the rest of the bottle. I give this 4.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment