Thursday, December 2, 2010

Recreating Wild Wing's Poppy Seed Honey Mustard

Recently I have welcomed all mustards that are not "yellow mustard" into my life. My favorite non-yellow mustard is Wild Wing Cafe's honey mustard. What makes theirs unique? It has poppy seeds in it. I swear that I once saw a poppy seed honey mustard at Bi-Lo but have been unable to find it again. I have since found myself wondering if I could recreate the dressing by merely adding some poppy seed dressing to some honey mustard. Sounds simple, but this theory doesn't always work out. Example: adding curry to ketchup does not make curry ketchup. I finally caved and purchased some Publix poppy seed dressing (it was the first one I found that was a plain poppy seed dressing). Today I mixed the dressing with some French's honey mustard and to my delight it tasted EXACTLY like Wild Wing's! I didn't exactly measure it out, but if you're looking to recreate the taste yourself this is what I did:

-1 medium squirt of honey mustard
-3 splashes of poppy seed dressing

I like this dressing on just about everything. Grilled chicken, fried chicken tenders, wings, fries, and even chips (I'm currently dipping some Lay's classic chips into my dressing). I encourage you to give this a go if you're a honey mustard fan. If you do try this out, post your findings in a comment. I'd love to know how you think the mix of the two stacks up to the original.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting.... this is my ABSOLUTE favorite Honey Mustard and I can't even find anything close to this taste! I bought a cup at Wild Wings the other day. I will try your recipe and I hope it works for me. Thanks again! I'm very excited to see if I can make it myself!!! I am so 'hooked' on this stuff!!!
    :) HHS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! It really is the best. Not too sweet, not too 'mustard-y,' and the poppy gives it a little something extra. Let me know how yours turns out! :)

      Delete