Friday, December 10, 2010

Tommy's Naked Soda

I went to the Gourmet Shop a few weeks back to visit a friend who had just started working there. While I was perusing their wares I found some New England ‘naked’ sodas; Tommy’s Naked Soda to be exact. These sodas don’t have any caffeine, unnatural flavors or colors, and are clear. I’m sort of curious how they get sodas such as blueberry, raspberry, and orange to be clear, but whatever. I think that in general I have decided that I am not a fan of ‘healthy’ sodas. If I want healthy, I’ll drink vitamin water. If I’m drinking soda I don’t want healthy. I ended up purchasing the lemon & lime, raspberry & lime, and orange. For more information on these drinks, visit tommysnakedsoda.com

1. Lemon & Lime
When I think about how a lemon/lime soda should taste I imagine a light, crisp, refreshing taste. This soda was lacking in the light and refreshing departments. The lemon & lime part was fine, but something about it seemed heavy. Perhaps it didn’t have enough carbonation in it? Brian thought it tasted alright but I thought something about it just tasted a bit off. It was okay, so I’ll give it 3.25/5 stars.

2. Raspberry & Lime
I was a little worried about how this would taste, since I tried the black cherry & lime Vitamin Water flavor and didn’t like it, but I decided to give it a go. I like this one more. You mostly taste the raspberry, with just a hint of lime at the end. This one was a bold mix of flavors and was pretty good, so it gets 3.8/5 stars from me.

3. Orange
I feel like I’ve had this before. I think it’s taking me back to the ‘natural’ orange soda I got from World Market. Good to know that they all taste the same. And how could they not? The ingredients are the same: carbonated water, cane sugar, natural orange and other natural flavors, citric acid, and ascorbic acid. This particular natural soda has 100% of the U.S.R.D.A. of Vitamin C, which is great for me because I currently have the winter sickness. I uploaded a picture of this soda's bottle (please excuse my free phone's lack of mega pixels.) In the effort of fairness I give this one the same rating I gave the last natural orange soda I tried: 3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment