Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sierra Mist Cranberry

I do not like Sierra Mist. Like I mentioned in my post about Pomegranate 7UP Antioxidant, Sprite is my favorite mass produced lemon-lime drink. But while I was at my dad’s house for Christmas we ran out of cola and the only soda we had left was Sierra Mist Cranberry. Normally, I probably would have passed it up. Given that now I'm constantly on the look out for new things to try and the tasty success of my adventures in 7UP land I decided to give this soda a go. To my surprise and delight, it was really good! Pomegranate 7UP tasted more like a pomegranate soda instead of a pomegranate flavored lemon-lime drink. Sierra Mist Cranberry, however, was crisp and refreshing – like a cranberry flavored lemon-lime drink should be. I actually welcomed the chance to drink this again while I was at Brian’s mom’s house, so I give this 5/5 stars. Great success.

2 comments:

  1. I don't drink a lot of lemon lime sodas. However, I thought that when Sierra Mist started sweetening the soda with sugar instead of HFCS the flavor changed for the better. It seems to be more crisp and not syrupy like before. It felt like the lemon lime flavor was more profound than before.

    I love this time of year when everything seems to have a cranberry limited time only flavor. I really like the Cranberry Splash Mist and Canada Dry Cranberry Ginger Ale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I've had a regular Sierra Mist, so it might be worth it to give it another try since they've changed the formula. It's weird, and I know I'm the minority, but I like drinks with syrup in them. In fact, I usually prefer it. But light, crispness is definitely preferred in a lemon-lime drink so I'll give it another go.

    I'm not too big on ginger ale, but I'm willing to give the cranberry a try. For science!

    ReplyDelete