Sunday, May 22, 2011

Master Cleanse

It's been almost a month since my last post. Seems like a good time for a new one, right?

Well, I've decided to do the Master Cleanse. I'm not going to go into all the details, but you basically drink 'lemonade' for 10 days as a form of cleanse. You then reintroduce solids over a 3 day period. For more info, visit the Master Cleanse website. Am I hoping to lose some weight? Heck yeah! Am I expecting to be life changingly skinny? No. I'm doing this to kick start a healthier lifestyle.

I'll be documenting my journey here. At the end I'll post any weight I've lost, self discoveries I've made (yeah right), etc.

I'm starting the cleanse tomorrow, so today I bought all of my materials: organic lemons, grade B organic maple syrup, organic cayenne pepper, spring water, and a juicer. I actually bought a Black & Decker 'juice extractor' which blends the heck out of the fruit (or veggie or whatever you're juicing) and strains the juice. I read some reviews of machine juicers and a lot of them said you get more juice with a hand juicer. So, I figured a blender/juicer would get me the most juice with the least effort. I made some concentrate tonight (lemon juice + maple syrup) and the juicer worked great. Also, the concentrate tastes pretty good. Since you don't put much cayenne pepper in a glass (1/10 tsp) I don't think a watered down version will taste bad at all.

Tonight I will actually take the first step of the cleanse by taking an herbal stimulant. Yes, that means exactly what you think it does. I have to do this every night. I will NOT be doing the salt water flush (read about it here). It's optional, and sounds absolutely terrible, so I'm skipping it.

Leave me a comment and wish me luck/chastise me for my stupidity in doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment